An individual’s right to privacy as established under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 is respected by the Cancer Institute NSW and protected.
Links to other websites, external to the Cancer Institute NSW, are sometimes included in web pages for the convenience of website users, but the Cancer Institute NSW does not have any responsibility for the privacy practices of third party websites linked to the Cancer Institute NSW website.
Is information collected about your website visit?
Visitor logs are used on this website for statistical purposes and administrative purposes only.
What does the Cancer Institute NSW do with personal information provided in feedback?
Email addresses provided to this website will only be used to respond to enquiries and will not be added to mailing lists, or disclosed to any other party without the user’s consent, unless required to do so by law. Personal information will be kept in safe custody, sufficient to prevent unauthorised access, and will be properly handled to ensure its safety, integrity and confidentiality. Circumstances in which the Cancer Institute NSW may be required to disclose this information to a law enforcement agency include:
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the Cancer Institute NSW website;
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on the Cancer Institute NSW website;
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of the Cancer Institute NSW website;
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed;
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server; and
- breach the laws of the State of NSW or the Commonwealth of Australia.
Do you want to know more about how your privacy is protected?
The Cancer Institute NSW observes the information privacy principles set out in The Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 when collecting and dealing with any personal information.
If you have a general privacy enquiry or complaint regarding the Cancer Institute NSW, please contact:
The Privacy Officer
Cancer Institute NSW
PO Box 41
Alexandria NSW 1435
Tel: (02) 8374 5600
Fax: (02) 8374 5709